Perfumes can add a wonderful finishing touch to any outfit and make you feel great. But if you don’t know how to apply it correctly, you may not get the most out of your favorite scent. Here are the top 10 tips for applying perfume for maximum effect!
- Start Fresh: Before applying any new fragrance, make sure that you have showered and that your skin is clean so that the scent can be absorbed better.
- Test It Out: Before purchasing a new fragrance, spray some on yourself and wear it for a few hours to make sure you like how it smells. This way you won’t regret buying something that doesn’t work for you.
- Spritz on Your Pulse Points: Your pulse points are the best places to spray your perfume because these areas have an increased temperature and will help the scent linger for longer. These points include your wrists, behind the ears, neck, chest and inner elbows.
- Spray From a Distance: When spritzing your fragrance, you should aim to hold the bottle roughly 6 inches away from your body and spray a thin mist. This will ensure that the scent stays light and not overpowering.
- Layer Up: To make your scent last longer, you can also layer it with other products in the same collection such as lotion, shower gel, and body oil. This will help lock in the scent for longer.
- Don’t Rub: When you apply your perfume, don’t rub it on your skin as this can break down the scent molecules and make the fragrance evaporate faster
- Keep Away From Heat: Warm temperatures can damage your perfume and cause it to lose its scent faster, so make sure to store your fragrance away from heat sources.
- Don’t Overdo It: When it comes to perfume, less is more! Too much of a good thing can be overwhelming and unpleasant for those around you.
- Use on Clean Clothing: To make your scent last longer, spray it lightly on clean clothes instead of directly onto the skin.
- Reapply: If you want to keep your scent all day long, you can reapply throughout the day for a boost of freshness.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to make the most out of your favorite scent and ensure that you smell great all day long. So go ahead, spritz away and enjoy feeling confident with your new fragrance!